If I were asked this question several years ago, more often than not, I would have opted for a content management system (CMS) solution. Systems like WordPress were gaining a lot of popularity at the time, and with its famous “5-minute” installation, I felt it couldn’t be beat.
Each month I write a feature for Media Post:CPG, an integrated publishing and content company whose mission is to provide a complete array of resources for media, marketing and advertising professionals. This article first appeared on Media Post: CPG in August 2016.
How does your development team handle testing? Is it a well-documented routine process or is it simply up to the developer working on the website? When do you begin testing? What tools do you use? Do you feel confident after launching a site? These questions were brought to the forefront as our team grew and new members inevitably entered into the enigmatic testing phase on web projects. As a team, we recognized the need to set some ground rules, but were unsure of what it was exactly that we wanted to test. Luckily, the process of creating the rules itself resulted in the answer.
Each month I write a feature for Media Post:CPG, an integrated publishing and content company whose mission is to provide a complete array of resources for media, marketing and advertising professionals. This article first appeared on Media Post: CPG in July 2016.
- A Beer With
- A Bone With
- Account Planning
- Brand Strategy
- CPG Trends
- Digital Design
- Digital Strategy
- Interface Development
- Paid Media
- Shopper Marketing
- Social Media & PR
- Software & Apps
- Try It Tuesday
- User Experience
- Visual Design
- Web Development
- What's In Your Shopping Cart
- Should I build my site using a CMS?
- There is Now a Conference for Emojis
- Sunday Morning Coming Down
- Instagram’s New Stories Are A Near-Perfect Copy Of Snapchat Stories
- Testing a Website
- Snackable Stories: Facebook’s Live Videos Can Now Be Twice As Long
- CPGs That Get It
- Snackable Stories: Pokémon Go Takes the Title of “Biggest Mobile Game in U.S. History”
- Smith Brothers Brings Together Top PGH Influencers to Celebrate Social Media Day 2016
- Snackable Stories: Is Facebook Stalking You?