Once again, Facebook is changing how it organizes the News Feed. Facebook announced a number of tweaks to the News Feed algorithm today. The social network is putting greater emphasis on engagement time, or how long people tend to spend on a given post. While liking or commenting on a post is one indication that the social network uses to shuffle the News Feed, it’s not the full picture of what the user wants. People don’t typically like or comment on everything they read after all, so moving forward, Facebook will prioritize posts based on how long users spent on similar posts from the author or publisher in the past. To inform these tweaks, Facebook will rely on data it’s been collecting on how long people spend on Instant Articles or clicked through on its mobile browser. – Digiday
We are extremely excited to welcome Michelle Park, Zach Simons and Shannon Sankey to the Smith Brothers Family!
Each month I write a feature for Media Post:CPG, an integrated publishing and content company whose mission is to provide a complete array of resources for media, marketing and advertising professionals. This article first appeared on Media Post: CPG in April 2016.
Contrary to what you and your direct marketing colleagues have now heard uttered for years, direct mail is not dead. It’s not even on life support, thank you very much.
Because while it’s true that direct mail strategies have changed over the years, including the seismic shift from sending mail to everyone and their mother to the highly-targeted data-driven approach we take today, the stats prove direct mail is alive and kicking:
- A Beer With
- A Bone With
- Account Planning
- Brand Strategy
- CPG Trends
- Digital Design
- Digital Strategy
- Interface Development
- Paid Media
- Shopper Marketing
- Social Media & PR
- Software & Apps
- Try It Tuesday
- User Experience
- Visual Design
- Web Development
- What's In Your Shopping Cart
- Snackable Stories: Meet The Person Behind Google Doodles
- SBA Welcomes Ashley, Carly, Beth, and Lindsay
- Snackable Stories: Are Chatbots the Beginning of a New Internet?
- SBA Welcomes Michelle, Zach, and Shannon
- Don’t #InstaPanic: What Brands Should Consider during Instagram’s Algorithm Change
- Snackable Stories: Biggest Product News from F8 Conference
- Is CPG Advertising Boring The Industry To Death?
- Snackable Stories: Facebook Messenger Takes on Snapchat with New Features
- Snackable Stories
- Dear <First Name>, Direct Mail is NOT Dead!