Web Design Day 2015 was hosted on June 12, 2015 in our beautiful city of Pittsburgh! Listed below are a few highlights of my day.
- Aaron Gustafson taking a totally mundane subject – html forms – and transforming it into one of the most useful and informative talks I’ve ever heard. Forms! Who knew you could do so much?
- Yesenia Perez-Cruz showcasing that she’s not your ordinary web designer – she thinks about things like developer’s feelings. And really fast performing websites.
- Pittsburgher Patrick Fulton connecting his journeys of long-distancing running, punk rock and web development. He showed us a pretty awesome photo of his college student I.D., too.
- Learning the origin of Samantha Warren’s Style Tile process at a workshop before the main event on Thursday.
Samantha and I discussing how my search bar prototype could be described using the adjective ‘fast’. [Oops, I drew it in pencil.]
photo credit: Web Design Day
- Jason and Val Head doing an amazing job of hosting Web Design Day 2015, supplying the attendees with Franktuary hot dogs, and of course, Val head’s never-ending cache of ’dad jokes’.
What an amazing day! I’m already looking forward to next year’s conference.